Friday, May 20, 2011

North Morro Bay Hills


This is shaping up to be my favorite house in town. Hidden inside the box are some interesting plan angles. The small grey shingles work for me in this case. Not a huge fan of vinyl windows either but the green glass and interesting grid patterns definitely help matters. The orange and purple paint are a nice touch. Palm trees don't hurt either. Finally, parking under the house with no garage doors creates an open feel.


This is an interesting little house that reminds me of an Ewok. In a sea of predictable gables, homes like these stick out as a pleasant surprise.



I'm not a huge fan of this one architecturally but the dark and light olive colors with mitered glass help it stand out.


I really like this one. It's hard to pull off soft curves but this works for me because it is unusual. Some landscaping would definitely help matters though.

This is a cute little apartment complex that still holds up architecturally. I'll take a shed roof over a gable any day of the week. This is a perfect example of how much landscaping can help create a pleasant environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment