Saturday, October 16, 2010

Best Of (Shell Beach, California) Part 1

This is just one neighborhood. I'll cover more later. The lighting wasn't great due to the fog but these are some of my favorite local pads. If you have any info on who designed these or you wanna submit more, email me!
This mini mansion is awesome because it looks so much bigger than it really is. I love the clean crispness and the it really glows in this neighborhood.

This one's right up the street and super cool. I love the simplicity, massing and the curvature of the front facade.

Actually talked to the owner of this one. She was very nice but a little concerned about the scruffy lookin dude taking pictures of her house. I told her how awesome it was and all was forgiven, on the condition that I wouldn't give out the street address. She said it was designed and built in the 70's but didn't know by whom. They just recently remodeled it and it looks great. Love the louvered privacy porch and natural color scheme.

This isn't my favorite house in the world but it's in the same neighborhood. I can tell it's a remodel by the gross 70's stone but they definitely brought it back to life. Plus, I just like this picture.

The lighting's not great in this pic but a cool house none the less. Very horizontal and Frank Lloyd Wright-esque.

I'm a sucker for upside-down roofs and just any rebellion against convention in general. I'd love to give it a brighter paint job but I'd probably get arrested.

This is another fresh remodel that I really dig. Not a huge fan of board and batten siding but it's probably the original stuff and they pulled it off.

I was "window shopping" literally with John Pryor the other day and we came across this beautiful Copper rig from Loewen at Ventana in SLO. I don't even want to know what these bad boys cost but they are definitely luxurious.

No comments:

Post a Comment